As a staff writer you will basically be “blogging” and not writing long-form features. “Blog posts” are quick hits of info that readers will quickly digest. They are generally written up in 15 minutes or less, so be ready to quickly come up with a well written paragraph, researched and proofed. You will be expected to write up features that require more research and occasionally write opinion based editorials (op-eds). To start, you will enter a training period of 1 week to 3 months where you will learn to be an efficient blogger.
- Creative Flow – i.e. minimum to no writer’s block, someone with the ability to come up with a quality, detailed paragraph on any subject on the spot).
- Opinions – Not being afraid to let it be known.
- Excellent college level writing skills.
- Initiative – Self starter/self motivated.
- Familiarity with the current landscape, history & culture in any of the following topics: indie music, sneakers, politics, gaming, comics or sports.
- Available 20 hours a week 5 days a week between the hours of 12 to 7pm.
It’s very important prospective candidates follow the below mentioned instructions. Those who don’t, will have their application automatically rejected.
- Include a paragraph about yourself, interests, hobbies, etc. In email body only, again, NO ATTACHMENTS.
- Include a recent resume. Can be an attachment.
- SUBJECT LINE: AFRSH Staff Writer.
- Knowledge of WordPress and blogging.
- Eye for detail regarding design and photo selection.
- Prior work experience in the one of the following: music, sneaker, politics, gaming, comics or sports industry in any capacity.
Email Your resume here
The Associated Fresh is looking for a reliable, experienced videographer to produce and edit an array of professional short videos and photography centralized around culture and lifestyle, and performs other related duties as assigned. We are currently located in the NYC area. The videographer must possess reliable transportation in order to film 1-3 sessions per month.
Ready? Good. Email a link to a video reel with Your resume here
- The videographer is responsible for setting up and operating various video production equipment, including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props and microphones for production.
- Works in collaboration with a producer to coordinate pre-production and production planning activities.
- Plans and performs video post-production tasks which includes reviewing footage.
- Operates and maintains proper levels and calibration of camera, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment.
- Making editorial decisions, tape logging, rough cuts, audio adjustment, color correction, and final editing.
- The videographer helps to sustain and guide the creative process.